While trying to diagnose an issue where Resources could enter new Accounts, they were unable to enter new Contacts into existing Accounts.  I looked over the obvious factors, such as Roles and Function Rights and Account Settings, but could not solve the issue.

It was only when I went into the Division and found a setting “Maintenance – CRM: Back Office” that I tried and found the issue.

Exact’s Help screen says that this check box can be selected to block other users that do not have function right 496 (Maintain CRM Data when MainCRMBackOffice is set for current Division).  By default all users with the System Administrator Role have this enabled.  It blocks the entry of Creating and Modifying Accounts that belong to the Division.

In my case, we only had one Division linked to ESE.  Keep it unchecked as a Default Value.