Based on the rules that have been created, different message types can be displayed or actions can be triggered within Synergy screens.
Rules created will support checking Synergy data but also will support checking on criteria from your back office such as EM10, Exact Progression, Exact Macola, JobBOSS, MAX or Globe solutions.
Based on the rules that have been created, different message types can be displayed or actions can be triggered.
The different types of messages that can be shown to the user are:
- Error message, when the rule is executed and the rule result is positive the user will be shown an error message on the specified application and the user will not be able to continue.
- Warning message, when the rule is executed and the rule result is positive, the user will be shown a popup when where the options ‘continue’ and ‘cancel’ are available. When choosing ‘continue’ the data will be saved. When choosing ‘cancel’ the data will not be saved and the user can change the input.
- Access denied, when the rule is executed and the rule result is positive the user will be shown a message access denied and the data can’t be viewed.
- Note, when the rule is executed and the rule result is positive the user will be shown a popup when the application is opened. This could be a message to inform the user the take a certain action.
The messages shown to the user can be setup at the rule maintenance and supports formatting. This gives the option to add hyperlinks in the message. The message also allows for ‘merge tags’ so that the message can contain data which is retrieved from the database and is not static.
The different types of actions that can be triggered are:
- Action: Create, when the rule is executed and the rule result is positive it will allow creating data. For example based on a completion of a request automatically an item can be created. Another example would be to create additional workflow/request tasks based on the rule, this will allow for adding additional persons to the workflow so they also can take action on the workflow.
- Action: Update, when the rule is executed and the rule result is positive it will allow updating data.
- Action: Delete, when the rule is executed and the rule result is positive it will allow the removal of data.
Simple Formula, where the rules will check one set of criteria. Think of extra validation on one or more fields where based on one check / rule the user will be shown an error, warning or message.
Parent /Child, where the rules also can be a full set of rules which are linked together via a parent child structure and will be executed starting at the first rule. The process will go through all the child rules and based on the outcome in each step it will stop or go to another rule until the last step is reached. This scenario could be applicable for purchase order approval. Where based on amount, supplier, certain products different approval flows should be started.
This tool may be used with any of our other tool offerings. Cost for this tool is $2,225. Maintenance is $429 per year. We will include 30 minutes of training / installation assistance with this tool.
Installation by your staff should take approximately 10 minutes. A manual is included that will provide guidance with the self-install process and training of staff with this new functionality. Examples of Rules using this tool will be provided for self reviewing and learning the functionality of this tool. Delivery of this tool will take approximately 7 business days.
This tool requires the addition of the Exact Role – “Enabling Add-On Solutions” for any resource that is Viewing, Editing or a Participant in an action that will be using the rules that you have defined. This Role is available at a small cost from Exact Software and is licensed by individual users. This Role is required for many of our tools and custom applications described on this website.
It is highly recommended that all Professional User Licenses have this Role added.